Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Last Words On The Donkey Diaries Adventure...

I've traveled South America for 10 months, I've traveled France & Europe for 2 years. I used to think that to have a great adventure, you need a lot of time. After my recent 22 day adventure, I have learn't to appreciate the cliché that it's "not quantity, but quality".

A month ago I sold my car to buy a donkey called "Valentine", and along with my dog "Foxtrot", we set off on a quest - one hoof, one paw and one foot at a time across France towards Barcelona.

Leading up to the project, I developed 5 objectives; to cherish the search of romance and adventure; to prove there are more good people than bad; to raise money for an animal welfare charity; to share my experiences with my friends, family and the world; and to walk from Antibes to Tibidabo.

My films reflect these objectives in hidden ways. I had 3 heart-stopping moments, last of which was when I lost my donkey, which surprisingly became the season finale "Lost In Lorgues".

What I can say is that I achieved all my objectives except for one: To walk from Antibes to Tibidabo. My conclusion is, that there's always next time. And for my readers & viewers, I have some words of wisdom if you care to hear..

If you have a dream, don't be overwhelmed by the logistics of how to achieve your goal. Just take it one step at a time, enjoy the journey, and most of all, MAKE IT HAPPEN.

[Referring to: www.donkey-diaries.blogspot.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment